Thursday, May 19, 2016

Has My Computer Been...Violated??



I had one of the longest, slowest days ever, yesterday

During the day, a friend of mine tells me she needs a quarter page newspaper ad, which I had made for her a couple of days earlier, rearranged to fit on an 8.5" by 11" flyer. I told her that was fine, but she would have to wait until after work.

When I finally made it home, I woke my computer (which I leave sleeping most of the time), and it started acting strange. The thinking graphic was spinning and flashing.

Then, my computer turns itself off, which isn't too weird because it sometimes does that to install updates, which I'm sure you've seen with your own computers plenty of times.

But, during the restart, the update message tells me that the Windows 10 update is being installed and configured, which is odd because I don't recall ever clicking a "yes, please install" button or anything like that.

I'm not 100% on this -- I may have accidentally agreed to the update -- but I think that Microsoft may have decided, after I had been chided by Windows 10 updated messages for months, to go ahead and install the update whether I wanted it or not.

Have any of you heard of that happening to other people?

Foiled by my computer, I decided to run some errands while the update was installing. My friend got her flyer, finally, when I returned home.

No comments:

Post a Comment